Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
че • (če)
- used to introduce a clause that is the subject of a verb, that (or is omitted)
- Че каза "не", не е изненадващо. - That he said no is not surprising.
- Не е изненадващо, че каза "не". - It's not surprising (that) he said no.
- Че още никой не е дошъл, е странно. - That nobody has come yet is strange.
- Странно е, че още никой не е дошъл. - It's strange (that) nobody has come yet.
- used to introduce a clause that is the object of a verb, that (or is omitted)
- Той каза, че ще дойде. - He said (that) he would come.
- Видях, че тръгнаха към реката. - I saw (that) they headed for the river.
- Чух, че ще се женят. - I heard (that) they were getting married.
- used to introduce a clause that completes or explains the meaning of a previous noun or adjective, that (or is omitted)
- Мисълта, че повече няма да го види, беше непоносима. - The thought (that) she would never see him again was unbearable.
- Фактът, че е по-стар от мен, е без значение. - The fact (that) he's older than me is not relevant.
- Сигурен съм, че е вярно. - I am certain that it is true.
- Не се съмнявам, че ще го стори. - I don’t doubt that he will do it.
- used to introduce a clause that indicates an action taken by the main verb's direct object, translated with the present participle or the bare infinitive
- Видях я, че плаче. - I saw her crying.
- Видях го, че влиза в сградата. - I saw him enter the building.
- (colloquial) used to introduce the reason for something, because, for
- Може да закъснея, че имаме гости. - I might be late because we are having guests.
- used to express a result, that (or is omitted)
- Беше толкова уморена, че не можеше да мисли ясно. - She was so tired (that) she couldn't think straight.
- Толкова бързаше, че забрави да си вземе шапката. - He was in such a rush (that) he forgot to take his hat.
- (dated) used to join sentences or sentence fragments in chronological order, and
- Заплака, зарида, че на майка си продума. - He started crying, he started weeping and then he spoke to his mother.
- (colloquial) used to introduce the next part of a story, so, and then
- Изтървах я и тя се счупи. Че като се разкряска, не можеш да си представиш! - I dropped and it broke. So/And then you should have heard her shout!
- or (else), otherwise
- Бързай, че ще закъснееш. - Hurry up or you’ll be late.
- Внимавай, че ще си изпатиш! - Watch out/take care or else!
- used to express surprise, why
- Че тъкмо тази книга ми трябва. - Why, this is the very book I want.
че • (če)
- used in exclamations for emphasis, what
- Ей че гуляй му ударихме! - What a feast we had!
- Че песни, че танци, че какво ли не. - There was singing and dancing and what not.
- used in imperative sentences for emphasis
- Че покажи му къщата! - Show him the house!
- used to emphasize agreement with someone/something
- Че хубава е, защо не я вземеш? - It really is nice, why don't you take it?
- even if
- Че и да съм ходил, защо трябва да ти казвам? - Even if I've been there, why do I have to tell you?
че (če) n (indeclinable)