Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
बाहु (bāhu) m, f
- the arm, (esp.) the fore-arm, the arm between the elbow and the wrist (opp. to प्र-गण्ड q.v.; in medic. the whole upper extremity of the body, as opp. to सक्थि, the lower extremity).
- the arm as a measure of length (= 12 अङ्गुलs).
- the fore-foot of an animal (esp. its upper part).
- the limb of a bow.
- the bar of a chariot-pole.
- the post (of a door; » द्वार-ब्°)
- (geometry) the side of an angular figure (esp. the base of a right-angled triangle).
- the shadow of the gnomon on a sun-dial.
- (also du.) the constellation आर्द्रा.
बाहु (bāhu) m
- Name of a दैत्य.
- Name of a prince (who brought ruin upon his family by his illegal actions).
- Name of a son of वृक.
- Name of a son of वज्र. [cf. Gk. πᾶχυς, πῆχυς; Germ. buog, Bug; Angl. Sax. bo1g; Eng. bough.]
- Monier William's Sanskrit-English Dictionary, 2nd Ed. 1899