Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
|simpl. and trad.|
- The character 字, in this sense means -shaped, while the character 丁 just signifies a capital T shape. Literally, it could mean 丁-shaped.
- 三匹馬丁字兒廝殺。戰到三十合，戰不倒呂布。 [Beijing Mandarin, MSC, trad.]
- 三匹马丁字儿厮杀。战到三十合，战不倒吕布。 [Beijing Mandarin, MSC, simp.]
- Sān pǐ mǎ dīngzì ér sīshā. zhàn dào sān shí hé, zhàn bù dǎo lǚbù. [Pinyin]
- The three horses had now formed a "T" shape as they fought. After fighting for thirty bouts, they were unable to bring down Lü Bu.