Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
|Kanji in this term|
- care, looking after, help, favor
- Osewa ni narimashita.
- Literally, “I have been taken care of.” → “Thank you very much for everything.” / “I'm very obliged to you (for what you've done).”
Takes the formal prefix お (o-) when talking to someone outside the group (which could be anyone else when the “group” is just oneself) about a favor done for someone inside the group.
- 世話をする (せわをする, sewa o suru): to take care of, to do a favor
- 世話になる (せわになる, sewa ni naru): to receive a favor, to be obliged or indebted to someone (for taking care of something)
- お世話になる (おせわになる, osewa ni naru)