Simplified from 個.
Han character 
个 (radical 2 丨+2, 3 strokes, cangjie input 人中 (OL), four-corner 8020.0, composition ⿱𠆢丨)
- numerary adjunct, piece (counter word)
See also 
- KangXi: page 78, character 23
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 70
- Dae Jaweon: page 158, character 3
- Hanyu Da Zidian: volume 1, page 103, character 1
- Unihan data for U+4E2A
个 (traditional 個, jyutping go3, Yale go3)
个 (uncommon “Hyōgai” kanji)
- counter for articles
- New Nelson: 25
- Halpern: 1959
- Halpern Learners: not listed
- Heisig: not listed
- Tuttle Kanji Dictionary: 6f8.15
- Source: EDICT and KANJIDIC files licensed by the Electronic Dictionaries Research Group.
- Pronunciation 개 came from a confusion with 介. 个 is a variant of 個, and its pronunciation would have been 고 as in 固, 凅, 痼, etc.
- Sound (hangeul): 개 (revised: gae, ga, McCune-Reischauer: kae, ka, Yale: kay, ka)
- 개 (gae; original pronunciation 가 (ga))
- 낱 개 (nat gae)
个 (traditional 個, pinyin gè (ge4), Wade-Giles ko4)
Measure word 
个 (simplified, Pinyin gè, traditional 個)
- the most commonly used measure word. Often used in place of all other measure words, particularly when the correct measure word is not known by the speaker.