Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Simplified from 個.
- numerary adjunct, piece (counter word)
- KangXi: page 78, character 23
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 70
- Dae Jaweon: page 158, character 3
- Hanyu Da Zidian: volume 1, page 103, character 1
- Unihan data for U+4E2A
个(uncommon “Hyōgai” kanji)
- Pronunciation 개 came from a confusion with 介. 个 is a variant of 個, and its pronunciation would have been 고 as in 固, 凅, 痼, etc.
- Sound (hangeul): 개 (revised: gae, ga, McCune-Reischauer: kae, ka, Yale: kay, ka)
- Meaning: small piece
- the most commonly used measure word. Often used in place of all other measure words, particularly when the correct measure word is not known by the speaker.