Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
|Kanji in this term|
Originally a Buddhist term meaning the smallest possible moment in time: a split-second. Carries favorable connotations of precious from the Buddhist teaching that one should live well even in the shortest moment of time.
- (Buddhism) instant, moment
- An instant; moment; second; split-second:
- In an instant; in a flash; in the twinkling of an eye.
- 刹那的 (せつなてき, setsunateki): momentary, transient, ephemeral
- 刹那主義 (せつなしゅぎ, setsunashugi): the principle or philosophy of living in the moment
Proper noun 
- A female given name