Han character 
咗 (radical 30 口+5, 8 strokes, cangjie input 口大一 (RKM))
- verbal particle of perfective aspect (Cantonese)
- KangXi: not present, would follow page 185, character 21
- Hanyu Da Zidian: volume 1, page 599, character 4
- Unihan data for U+5497
- IPA: /t͡sɔː˧˥/
Grammatical particle used to emphasise an action which has been completed and whose result still applies to the present situation. It roughly translates to the past tense in English. Similar to the particle 了 in Mandarin.
- Jyutping: keoi5-dei6 ngaam1-ngaam1 zau2-zo2
- They left just now.
- Jyutping: aa3-maa1 cam4-jat6 bou1-zo2 tong1. keoi5 ji4-gaa1 heoi3-zo2 ciu1-kap1-si5-coeng4 maai5-je5
- My mum made soup yesterday. Now, she has gone shopping in the supermarket.