Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
|Kanji in this term|
|Grade: 2||Grade: 1|
- The study of ancient Japan, particularly the early Japanese classics, such as the Nihon Shoki and the Kojiki. Arose during the Edo period as a move away from the study of China.
- Note that this term means sinology in Chinese contexts.
- Schools established in the kuni or provinces of Japan under the old Ritsuryō system.
- In ancient China, schools established in the national capital.
- 国学 on the Japanese Wikipedia.ja.Wikipedia
- Kokugaku on Wikipedia.Wikipedia:Kokugaku
- Ritsuryō on Wikipedia.Wikipedia:Ritsuryō