From Middle Chinese 提琴 (dej gim). Compare modern Mandarin 提琴 (tíqín).
提琴 (hiragana ていきん, romaji teikin)
- (music) a kind of traditional Chinese stringed instrument played with a bow, similar to a violin
- (rare) a violin, a fiddle
- ^ 1998, NHK日本語発音アクセント辞典 (NHK Japanese Pronunciation Accent Dictionary) (in Japanese), Tōkyō: NHK, ISBN 978-4-14-011112-3
提琴 (traditional and simplified, measure word 把, Pinyin tíqín)
- (music) violin family of musical instruments
- (music) tiqin, one of several bowed string instruments in the huqin family, used in traditional Chinese music