Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- KangXi: page 522, character 5
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 14695
- Dae Jaweon: page 910, character 13
- Hanyu Da Zidian: volume 2, page 1195, character 9
- Unihan data for U+6817
栗(“Jinmeiyō” kanji used for names)
栗 (hangeul 률>율, revised ryul>yul, McCune-Reischauer ryul>yul, Yale lyul>yul)
- (밤): chestnut (fruit, tree)
- (떨다): shivering, shuddering, trembling
- ^ This was authored by several scholars at the direction of King Sejong of Yi Dynasty, concerning the folk medical herb gathering by month.
- ^ Cited by: 南廣祐 (1997). 敎學古語辭典. 敎學社. p. 538.
- ^ "末栗" is a hanja rendering for 말밤(mal-bam), the origin of 마름(mareum, 菱) "water caltrop, water chestnut," literally, "coarse chestnut" such as "horse-chestnut".
- ^ Another likely literal reading is malryul, as given above.