Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
活血祛瘀药 (simplified, Pinyin huóxuè qūyū yào, traditional 活血祛瘀藥)
- blood-circulation activating and blood-stasis removing materia medica in traditional Chinese medicine. This term refers to herbs and other medicinal substances that are used to activate the blood and to remove blood-stasis in the body. Some of these herbs are meant for external use, some for internal use, and some for both external and internal applications.
See also 
- 药材 (medicinal materials in traditional Chinese medicine)
- 活血祛瘀药 on the Mandarin Wikipedia.zh.Wikipedia
- 1994, Ming Ou; Li Yanwen, The Traditional Chinese Drug and Its Usage, Hai Feng Publishing Co., ISBN 9622381995:
- Akiko Satoh, Takako Yokozawa, Eun Ju Cho, Takuya Okamoto, Yasuo Sei, "Antioxidative effects related to the potential anti-aging properties of the Chinese prescription Kangen-karyu and Carthami Flos in senescence-accelerated mice", Archives of Gerontology and Geriatrics, Volume 39, Issue 1, July-August 2004, Pages 69-82.
- Soon Yew Tang, Matthew Whiteman, Zhao Feng Peng, Andrew Jenner, Eu Leong Yong, Barry Halliwell, "Characterization of antioxidant and antiglycation properties and isolation of active ingredients from traditional chinese medicines", Free Radical Biology and Medicine, Volume 36, Issue 12, 15 June 2004, Pages 1575-1587.