Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: 溅
濺 (radical 85 水+15, 18 strokes, cangjie input 水月金戈 (EBCI), four-corner 33153)
- KangXi: page 657, character 38
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 18557
- Dae Jaweon: page 1068, character 6
- Hanyu Da Zidian: volume 3, page 1778, character 3
- Unihan data for U+6FFA
濺 (simplified 溅, Yale jin1, jin3)
濺(uncommon “Hyōgai” kanji)
濺 (hangeul 천, revised cheon, McCune-Reischauer ch'ŏn, Yale chen)
- This character is used in the Poem of Mulan to represent the cry of the Yellow River as Mulan departs. In the version published in The Flowering Plum and the Palace Lady: Interpretations of Chinese Poetry, by Han H. Frankel, Yale University Press (1976), this is transcribed as tsien-tsien.
- According to the Tower of Babel database, the Middle Chinese pronunciation of the character was cjèn.