Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
|simpl. and trad.|
- White Tiger (Chinese astronomy)
- White Tiger Yan (a bandit leader active in the Wu region during the late Han Dynasty)
- White Tiger (Chinese astronomy) on Wikipedia.Wikipedia:White Tiger (Chinese astronomy)
- 14th century, Guanzhong Luo, Romance of the Three Kingdoms/Chapter 15 (in Mandarin):
|Kanji in this term|
|Grade: 1||Grade: S|
- A white tiger.
- (four symbols (chinese constellation)): The white tiger; in fengshui the white tiger is synonymous with the Wu Xing element of metal, the season of autumn, and the direction of west.
- 朱雀 (すざく, suzaku): red or vermilion bird; a phoenix
- 青竜 (せいりゅう, seiryū): blue/azure dragon
- 玄武 (げんぶ, genbu): black tortoise