- 5th – 4th century BCE:', Zuo Qiuming, zh:s:國語/秋水
- The hearts of the masses can forge a stronghold; the mouths of the masses can melt gold.
眾志成城 (Pinyin zhòng zhì chéng chéng, simplified 众志成城)
- The will of the masses forge a stronghold.
- 1915: Li Dazhao, 警告全國父老書 [A Letter of Warning to All the Elders of the Country
- The wise exhaust their wisdom, the brave consume all their bravery, the wealthy lose all their wealth, the entire country sharing a common goal, the will of the masses forging a stronghold.