Simplified from 禪.
- Simplified from 禪 (示 → 礻 and 單 → 单) (2 strokes on top of phonetic) in simplified Chinese.
- Simplified from 禪 (示 → 礻 and 單 → 単) (3 strokes on top of phonetic) in Japanese shinjitai.
However, both forms represented by same Unicode code point – see Han unification.
禅 (radical 113 示+9, 13 strokes, cangjie input 戈火金田十 (IFCWJ))
- meditation, contemplation (DKW: 24787'); "Zen".
- KangXi: not present, would follow page 844, character 17
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 24787
- Dae Jaweon: page 1265, character 8
- Hanyu Da Zidian: volume 4, page 2402, character 7
- Unihan data for U+7985
禅 (traditional 禪, Yale sim3, sin4 sin6)
禅 (seon) (hangeul 선, revised seon, McCune-Reischauer sŏn, Yale sen)