The form differs between traditional Chinese, simplified Chinese, and Japanese shinjitai, as depicted at right. These are represented by the same Unicode code point; see Han unification.
- Traditional: Ideogrammic compound (會意): 月 + 戶; the body's gate.
- Simplified: Ideogrammic compound (會意): 月 + 户.
- Shinjitai: Ideogrammic compound (會意): 月 + 戸.
Han character 
肩 (radical 130 肉+4, 8 strokes, cangjie input 竹尸月 (HSB), 戈尸月 (ISB), four-corner 30227)
- KangXi: page 975, character 10
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 29299
- Dae Jaweon: page 1426, character 21
- Hanyu Da Zidian: volume 3, page 2052, character 8
- Unihan data for U+80A9
肩 (jyutping gin1, Yale gin1)
- a shoulder
肩 (hangeul 견, revised gyeon, McCune-Reischauer kyŏn, Yale kyen)