蛾眉 (traditional and simplified, Pinyin éméi)
- (literary) a woman's long and slender eyebrows (resembling the feathery feelers of a moth)
- (literary) a beautiful woman
- 806: Bai Juyi, Song of Everlasting Regret
- wǎnzhuǎn éméi mǎ qián sǐ.
- The writhing fair maiden, whose long and slender eyebrows resembled the feathery feelers of a moth, died in front of the horses.
- 1985, Jingrong (ed.) Wu, The Pinyin CHINESE-ENGLISH DICTIONARY (in Mandarin/English), Beijing, Hong Kong: The Commercial Press, ISBN 0471867969:
- "蛾眉" (in Mandarin/English), Dr. eye. URL accessed on 2009-05-30.