Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
|Kanji in this term|
|Grade: S||Grade: 4|
- a history book
|simpl. and trad.|
- In ancient times, bamboo strips were sewn together to form books. The books were used to record events. Each strip would contain a single column of characters. The "green" in the word refers to the fact that the bamboo strips are green before they are cured and sewn into books. Later on, this word simply came to refer generically to history books.
青史 (traditional and simplified, Pinyin)
- Bamboo#Bamboo_slip on Wikipedia.Wikipedia:Bamboo#Bamboo_slip
- (Can we date this quote?) Guanzhong Luo, Annotated Romance of the Three Kingdoms/Chapter 9, page 116, note 3 (in Mandarin), ISBN 957911305X:
- "青史" (in Mandarin), Guoyu Cidian On-line Mandarin Dictionary (國語辭典). URL accessed on 2008-12-22.
- 2007, Hanyu Da Cidian 3.0 (in Mandarin), Hong Kong: Commercial Press, ISBN 9789620702778:
- 1985, Jingrong (ed.) Wu, The Pinyin CHINESE-ENGLISH DICTIONARY (in Mandarin/English), Beijing, Hong Kong: The Commercial Press, ISBN 0471867969:
- "青史" (in Mandarin/English), Dr. eye. URL accessed on 2008-12-22.