- boots (footwear)
- KangXi: page 1385, character 19
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 42729
- Dae Jaweon: page 1900, character 10
- Hanyu Da Zidian: volume 7, page 4327, character 21
- Unihan data for U+9774
靴 (Yale heu1)
Unclear. Some Japanese sources suggest a borrowing from or cognate with Korean 구두 (gudu, “shoes”), but then some Korean sources suggest that the Korean term was borrowed from Japanese 靴 (kutsu, “shoes”).
- シューズ (shūzu)
靴 (hangeul 화 (hwa), revised hwa, McCune-Reischauer hwa, Yale hwa)
- 木靴 (목화, mokhwa) The courtesy footwear in the Eastern tradition, as worn by courtiers, somewhat similar to the moccasin made of deerskin.
- 洋靴 (양화, yanghwa) Western shoes, boots
- 長靴 (장화, janghwa) boots