Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- to rest easy; to relax and not worry
- c. 1330 - 1400: Luo Guanzhong, Romance of the Three Kingdoms/Chapter 5
- 2002: Zhang Yimou (director), Hero (a movie starring Jet Li)
- Sky, Snow and Broken Sword. For ten years these three assassins from Zhao have repeatedly plotted to kill his majesty, so he has not known a single peaceful night's sleep. Today we discover that a hero from our great kingdom of Qin has single-handedly wiped out the enemy. From now on his majesty can once more sleep without fear! (from Quentin Tarantino DVD release)
- "高枕无忧" (in Mandarin), Guoyu Cidian On-line Mandarin Dictionary (國語辭典). URL accessed on 2008-02-24.