Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Used on words borrowed from other languages, especially French, as a reminder that the final "e" is not silent
- (grammar) past participle root verb suffix of regular -er verbs, an inflected infinitive verb; translation (-ed)
- Translations of irregular root verb suffixes (-é), does not necessarily end in -ed. Example: "allé" -> (gone), "aller" -> (to go).
- 's, belonging to. Non-attributive possessive suffix attached to nouns. The plural form is -éi.
- iskola (school) - iskoláé (belonging to the school, of the school, the school's)
- Ez a szék az iskoláé - This chair belongs to the school / is the school's
- (rare, chiefly Transylvanian) whether, if. Tag for yes/no questions, always written with a hyphen before. (variant of -e)
- Nem tudom, hogy sikerül-é. - I don't know whether we will succeed.
- (archaic) Forms an archaic past tense, in third person singular, definite conjugation, for front-vowel verbs. The back vowel version is -á. The currently used suffix in this place is -te.
- A virágokat nézé. - He was looking at the flowers.