Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: Appendix:Variations of "da"
-da (with back vowel harmony)
-dä (with front vowel harmony)
- (infinitives) A suffix present in certain first infinitives, short form, the citation form of Finnish verbs.
- Added to a verb to form a noun indicating the place of the action.
declension of -da
Member of the -da/-de suffix cluster. A linking vowel may also connect the stem and the suffix.
- -da is added to back vowel words
- -de is added to front vowel words
- variant form of
- Used to form adjectives from nouns, in the sense of having the object represented by the noun.
- It's used when the noun's last vowel is a back vowel.
- It could be "-de", when the noun's last vowel is a back vowel.
- It could be "-ta", when the noun's last consonant is "f", "s", "t", "k", "ç", "ş", "h" or "p".
- It must be used with an apostrophe while forming a proper noun.