Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (Australian rules football) Australian Football League. [From 1990]
- (American football) Arena Football League.
- (US, labor union) American Federation of Labor.
- (obsolete, American football) American Football League.
- (Australian Football League): Although the AFL was created in 1990, with the inclusion of teams from other states into the Victorian Football League (VFL), historical games and statistics from before that date are commonly referred to as being those of the AFL.