Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also afghan
Afghan (plural Afghans)
- A person from Afghanistan or of Afghan descent.
- A person of Pashtun ethnicity or of Pashtun descent.
- A breed of dogs, the Afghan hound.
person from Afghanistan
person of Pashtun ethnicity
Derived terms 
Proper noun 
- Pashto, a language primarily spoken by Pashtun people in Afghanistan and northwestern Pakistan.
- (UK, military slang) Short for Afghanistan.
- He will be in Afghan for another six months.
Afghan (not comparable)
- Of, from, or pertaining to Afghanistan.
- Of, from, or pertaining to the Pashtun ethnic community.
pertaining to Afghanistan