Appendices refers to a series of pages in the form [[Appendix:Xxxx]]. They have their own namespace. They usually treat a common linguistic topic, which distinguishes them from "Wiktionary:" pages which deal with Wiktionary's own operational issues. Appendices should be tagged with [[Category:Appendices|Pagename]] (or the appropriate sub-category). This will cause them to be automatically included in this list.
Appendix pages often provide:
- grouping of terms by script similarity (e.g. Appendix:Variations of "a" and Appendix:Unicode)
- grouping of terms by topic (e.g. Appendix:Names)
- information about a linguistic topic (e.g. Appendix:Welsh pronunciation and Appendix:English adverbs)
In addition, the Appendix is the only place for:
- Terms that aren't allowed by the CFI (e.g. Category:Appendix-only constructed languages, Category:Reconstructed languages, Category:Fictional universes, Category:Appendix-only terms)
- Terms that aren't support by the MediaWiki software (Appendix:Unsupported titles)