This appendix of terms is for the Goa'uld language from Stargate. In the Stargate universe, the Egyptian language of Terra evolved from Goa'uld during their occupation of Egypt. The language is written in Nakht hieroglyphs. Please note there is no standardized spelling of words, so some may have multiple forms. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goa%27uld_language#Language
Dialects: There are several dialects of Goa'uld; below I've tried to group them based on the origins of the respective speakers, e.g. those once under Ra as Abydonian Goa'uld, those once under Apophis as Chulak Goa'uld, etc.
- (noun) noble strength
- (ancient) "the gods are just"
- a wooden staff weapon, used for training
- (Abydonian) why
- (noun) stargate
- (noun) supergate
chel'nok, chel nok, chal-nak
- "good luck"
- (noun) an untrained warrior
- (noun) "my almighty master"
- (noun) crystal
- (adjective) advanced
- (verb) banish
- (noun) advanced human
- (noun) liberation
- (noun) a child of two goa'ulds
- (noun) "vile one"
- "gods of the underworld"
- not __
- (Abydonian) "may I have that"
- (noun) a challenge of leadership
- (verb) see
- (interjection) see
- to be __
- (noun) soul
- (noun) child
- (interjection, Abydonian) kneel
- "it will be so"
kel'mah, kal'mah, cal mah
- (noun) a flanking attack from two sides
- (Abydonian) "we must hide"
- (adjective) light
- (interjection) "attention," "come," "listen up," "be prepared," "take aim," "yoo-hoo," "concentrate," "stop"
- (interjection) goodbye
- (verb) attack
- (interjection, Chulak) "turn back"
- (pronoun) you
- (noun) a type of martial arts training
- (pronoun) you (plural), you all
- (verb) die
- (verb) make
- (verb) say
- (Abydonian) "what's that"
- (interjection, Abydonian) "right"
- "how are you"
- "oh no"
- (noun) mineral used for storing energy; gate element
- (noun) priest
- (interjection) listen
- (Chulak) "help me out of here"
- "in the beginning there was"
- (interjection, Chulak) here (as in handing something back)
- (Chulak) "so what's up now," "what's up"
- (noun, Chulak) flight control room on a warship
- (noun) a larval goa'uld; symbiote
- (noun) the ceremony of implantation when a jaffa child receieves their first symbiote
- (noun) honor
- (Abydonian) "is this yours"
- "stay back"
- "go away from me"
- (verb) rise, come back to life
- (Chulak) "what do you think you are doing"
- (interjection, Chulak) "get them," "kill them"
- "watch out"
- (noun) traitor
- (Chulak) "hurry up"
- (interjection) wait
- (Chulak) understood?
- (pronoun) I
- (Chulak) "I won't do that"
- (Chulak) "I am," "my name is"
- (verb) fall
- (Chulak) "you won't believe it," "it's unbelievable"
- (pronoun) we
- (noun) strength
- (Chulak) hello
- (Abydonian) (that's) yours
- (interjection, Abydonian) yes
- (adjective) against Ra
- the species that was the original hosts for the goa'uld, "first ones"
- (Chulak) "give me that"
- (noun) small sphere that records and plays back messages
- (Chulak) "what is the matter"
- (interjection, Chulak) now
- tal pac
|Works (by country of origin)|
|Constructed languages (by type)|
Minor auxiliary languages: