Appendix:My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic
Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- alicorn : A winged unicorn.
- applebuck : To harvest apples by kicking an apple tree so that they fall.
2010 November 5, Tara Strong as Twilight Sparkle, “Applebuck Season”, My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic season 1 episode 4, 19:14:
- Alright, Applejack. Your applebucking hasn't just caused you problems, it's over-propelled pegasus, practically poisoned plenty of ponies, and terrorized bushels of brand new bouncing baby bunnies. I don't care what you say; You. Need. Help.
- blank flank : A young pony that has not yet gained their cutie mark.
- cloudbust : To physically break apart clouds (by kicking or flying through them).
- cutie mark : A pictorial mark on the haunch of a pony, related to their personality or talent.
2011 January 7, Ashleigh Ball as Apple Bloom, “Call of the Cutie”, My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic season 1 episode 12, 4:41:
- You've got apples for your cutie mark, Granny Smith has an apple pie, Big Macintosh has an apple half, my unique talent must have som'n to do with apples! Apples apples apples!
- earth pony : A pony that is not a unicorn or a pegasus; a hornless wingless pony.
- parasprite : A voracious insect that quickly reproduces by coughing up another parasprite. (In fandom slang, used to refer to anti-MLP trolls.)
Many "ponified" versions of English words are used on the show, like:
- anypony : anyone
- cowpony : a cowhand
- everypony : everyone
- fillies and gentlecolts : ladies and gentlemen
- hoof-picked : hand-picked
- nopony : no one
- single-hoofedly : single-handedly
- somepony : someone
This is extended to other terms by fandom: