From potion, as an imprecise translation from Japanese キズぐすり (salve, “salve”), for the games Pokémon Red and Pokémon Blue, from 1996.
*Potion (plural Pokémon/Potions)
- A fictional type of spray that cures Pokémon and is less effective than Super Potion, Hyper Potion, Max Potion or Full Restore.
- (video games) An item that restores 20 HP of a Pokémon.
- (trading card game) A Trainer card that removes up to 2 damage counters from a Pokémon.
- (by extension) Any of a set of certain similar items.
- The items that are medicinal sprays: Potion, Super Potion, Hyper Potion, Max Potion or Full Restore.
- The items that have "potion" in their English names: Potion, Super Potion, Hyper Potion, Max Potion or Secretpotion.
the spray that cures 20HP