Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: asian
Asian (plural Asians)
- A person from Asia.
- (US, Canada, Australia), A person who originates from the Indian subcontinent, East and Southeast Asia, sometimes excluding the Indian subcontinent.
- (US, New Zealand), A person who originates from East or Southeast Asia, very rarely used in reference to people from the Indian subcontinent.
- (UK, South Africa), A person who originates from the Indian subcontinent, sometimes including East and Southeast Asia.
- (person from Asia):
- (person from east Asia): East Asian, Oriental
- (person from the Indian subcontinent): South Asian, Indian (loosely), Pakistani (loosely), Bangladeshi (loosely)
person from Asia
person from or descended from people from the Indian sub-continent
person from or descended from people from east Asia
Asian (not comparable)
- of, relating to or from Asia
of, relating to or from Asia