Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
(Redirected from Asperger’s syndrome)
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈaspɜːɡəz ˈsɪndɹəʊm/
Audio (UK) (file)
- (US) IPA(key): /ˈæspɝɡɚz ˈsɪndɹoʊm/
- (uncountable, neurology) An autism-related developmental disorder characterised by sustained impairment in social interaction and nonverbal communication and by repetitive behaviour as well as restricted interests and routines.
The American Psychiatric Association currently considers "Asperger's syndrome" as a relatively mild manifestation of autism spectrum disorder.
- (syndrome): AS
- (person diagnosed with the syndrome): aspie
- Pronunciation guide on http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/Asperger%27s-syndrome