Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- IPA: /əˈsɒm/
Proper noun 
- A state in north-eastern India
- Dispur is the state capital of Assam.
- (history) The former realm it was named after
- A black tea named after the above Indian region where it is grown.
Derived terms 
state in India
See also 
- (states of India) state of India; Andhra Pradesh, Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Goa, Gujarat, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Jharkhand, Karnataka, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Odisha, Punjab, Rajasthan, Sikkim, Tamil Nadu, Tripura, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, West Bengal (Category: en:States of India)