Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
From Kannada ಬೆಂಗಳೂರು (beṅgaḷūru). The source of the name Bengaluru is usually attributed to Benga-val-ooru (City of Guards) in Old Kannada or Benda-kaal-ooru (Town of Boiled Beans) from Kannada folklore.
Proper noun 
state capital of Karnataka, India
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- (business) To outsource (an employee, position, or function) to India, especially to Bangalore.
- 2003, John Wallace, in comp.os.vms 
- CPQ UK's order management stuff (which I *think* covers Europe) *was* in the process of being Bangalored.
- 2004, Christopher Browne, in tor.jobs 
- They have gotten gored more heavily by being "Bangalored" than they perhaps deserved, but a "great fall" was certainly in the cards.
- 2005, Dr.Sahib.Pandit.Shri.Shri.Rainam Ji Maharaj Ji Ustad, in soc.culture.indian 
- Even though your anger against Indians is justified given that you have been Bangalored by our sambhar-guzzling desi geeks Swami and Murty - who earn 1/5th your salary and ride to work on their pet elephant *Appu* , it is not fair of you to berate any and every Indian you come across.
- 2003, John Wallace, in comp.os.vms