Category:Ainu parts of speech
» Ainu language » Parts of speech
Ainu terms categorized by their part of speech.
- Category:Ainu adjectives: Ainu terms that give attributes to nouns, extending their definitions.
- Category:Ainu adverbs: Ainu terms that modify clauses, sentences and phrases directly.
- Category:Ainu determiners: Ainu terms that reference nouns, expressing their contexts directly.
- Category:Ainu nouns: Ainu terms that indicate people, beings, things, places, phenomena, qualities or ideas.
- Category:Ainu numerals: Ainu terms that quantify nouns.
This category lists only terms of the grammatical "numeral" part of speech, and not all number words may in fact be grammatically numerals. See Category:ain:Cardinal numbers and Category:ain:Ordinal numbers for more complete lists.
- Category:Ainu pronouns: Ainu terms that refer to and substitute nouns.
- Category:Ainu verbs: Ainu terms that indicate actions, occurrences or states.