Category:Arabic parts of speech
» Arabic language » Parts of speech
Arabic terms categorized by their part of speech.
- Category:Arabic adjectives: Arabic terms that give attributes to nouns, extending their definitions.
- Category:Arabic adverbs: Arabic terms that modify clauses, sentences and phrases directly.
- Category:Arabic articles: Arabic terms that indicate and specify nouns.
- Category:Arabic conjunctions: Arabic terms that connect words, phrases or clauses together.
- Category:Arabic determiners: Arabic terms that reference nouns, expressing their contexts directly.
- Category:Arabic interjections: Arabic terms that express emotions, sounds, etc. as exclamations.
- Category:Arabic nouns: Arabic terms that indicate people, beings, things, places, phenomena, qualities or ideas.
- Category:Arabic numerals: Arabic terms that quantify nouns.
This category lists only terms of the grammatical "numeral" part of speech, and not all number words may in fact be grammatically numerals. See Category:ar:Cardinal numbers and Category:ar:Ordinal numbers for more complete lists.
- Category:Arabic particles: Arabic terms that do not belong to any of the inflected grammatical word classes, often lacking their own grammatical functions and forming other parts of speech or expressing the relationship between clauses.
- Category:Arabic prepositions: Arabic adpositions that are placed before their objects.
- Category:Arabic pronouns: Arabic terms that refer to and substitute nouns.
- Category:Arabic verbs: Arabic terms that indicate actions, occurrences or states.
This category has the following 11 subcategories, out of 11 total.