Category:Cantonese parts of speech
Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
» Cantonese language » Parts of speech
Cantonese terms categorized by their part of speech.
- Category:Cantonese adjectives: Cantonese terms that give attributes to nouns, extending their definitions.
- Category:Cantonese adverbs: Cantonese terms that modify clauses, sentences and phrases directly.
- Category:Cantonese determiners: Cantonese terms that reference nouns, expressing their contexts directly.
- Category:Cantonese interjections: Cantonese terms that express emotions, sounds, etc. as exclamations.
- Category:Cantonese nouns: Cantonese terms that indicate people, beings, things, places, phenomena, qualities or ideas.
- Category:Cantonese numerals: Cantonese terms that indicate quantities of nouns.
- Category:Cantonese particles: Cantonese terms that do not belong to any of the inflected grammatical word classes, often lacking their own grammatical functions and forming other parts of speech or expressing the relationship between clauses.
- Category:Cantonese pronouns: Cantonese terms that refer to and substitute nouns.
- Category:Cantonese verbs: Cantonese terms that indicate actions, occurrences or states.
This category has the following 8 subcategories, out of 8 total.