Category:Czech parts of speech
Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
» Czech language » Parts of speech
Czech terms categorized by their part of speech.
- Category:Czech adjectives: Czech words that give attributes to nouns, extending their definitions.
- Category:Czech adverbs: Czech words that modify clauses, sentences and phrases directly.
- Category:Czech conjunctions: Czech words that connect words, phrases or clauses together.
- Category:Czech interjections: Czech words that express emotions, sounds, etc. as exclamations.
- Category:Czech nouns: Czech words that indicate people, beings, things, places, phenomena, qualities or ideas.
- Category:Czech numerals: Czech words that indicate quantities of nouns.
- Category:Czech particles: Czech words that do not belong to any of the inflected grammatical word classes, often lacking their own grammatical functions and forming other parts of speech or expressing the relationship between clauses.
- Category:Czech prepositions: Czech adpositions that are placed before their objects.
- Category:Czech pronouns: Czech words that refer to and substitute nouns.
- Category:Czech verbs: Czech words that indicate actions, occurrences or states.
This category has the following 10 subcategories, out of 10 total.