Category:Egyptian parts of speech
Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
» Egyptian language » Parts of speech
Egyptian terms categorized by their part of speech.
- Category:Egyptian adjectives: Egyptian terms that give attributes to nouns, extending their definitions.
- Category:Egyptian adverbs: Egyptian terms that modify clauses, sentences and phrases directly.
- Category:Egyptian conjunctions: Egyptian terms that connect words, phrases or clauses together.
- Category:Egyptian determiners: Egyptian terms that reference nouns, expressing their contexts directly.
- Category:Egyptian nouns: Egyptian terms that indicate people, beings, things, places, phenomena, qualities or ideas.
- Category:Egyptian numerals: Egyptian terms that indicate quantities of nouns.
- Category:Egyptian particles: Egyptian terms that do not belong to any of the inflected grammatical word classes, often lacking their own grammatical functions and forming other parts of speech or expressing the relationship between clauses.
- Category:Egyptian prepositions: Egyptian adpositions that are placed before their objects.
- Category:Egyptian pronouns: Egyptian terms that refer to and substitute nouns.
- Category:Egyptian verbs: Egyptian terms that indicate actions, occurrences or states.
This category has the following 10 subcategories, out of 10 total.