Category:English figures of speech
Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
» English language » Figures of speech
English terms whose interpretation is not strictly literal, but are used in figurative ways or for special effect.
- Category:English aphorisms: English phrases that convey basic concepts in a manner short and easily memorable.
- Category:English catchphrases: English phrases that are popularized through repeated use.
- Category:English idioms: English phrases understood by subjective, as opposed to literal meanings.
- Category:English metaphors: English phrases that invoke a similarity with something else.
- Category:English proverbs: English phrases popularly known as representations of common sense.
- Category:English similes: English figures of speech in which one thing is compared to another.
|Top – A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z|