Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
English word-elements used to form full words.
- Category:English affixes: Morphemes attached to existing English words.
- Category:English circumfixes: Affixes attached to both the beginning and the end of English words, together as single units.
- Category:English clitics: English morphemes that function as independent words, but are always attached to another word.
- Category:English combining forms: Forms of English words that do not occur independently, but are used when joined with other words.
- Category:English infixes: Affixes inserted inside English words.
- Category:English interfixes: Affixes used to join two English words or morphemes together.
- Category:English prefixes: Affixes attached to the beginning of English words.
- Category:English suffixes: Affixes attached to the end of English words.
|Top – A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z|
This category has the following 8 subcategories, out of 8 total.