Category:French nonstandard terms
Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
French terms that are considered improper, incorrect or commonly misused.
- Category:French nonstandard forms: French forms of standard terms that are considered improper, incorrect or commonly misused.
- Category:French hypercorrections: French forms of other terms by misapplications of grammatical or orthographical rules.
- Category:French misspellings: Common accidental misspellings of French terms.
- Category:French colloquialisms: French terms that are likely to be used primarily in casual conversation rather than in more formal written works, speeches, and discourse.
- Category:French disputed terms: French terms whose usage is proscribed, thus they are considered wrong according to prescriptive sources.
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.