Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
» Galician language » Lexicons
Galician terms categorized by their lexicons.
- Category:Galician alternative forms: Galician terms that serve as alternative forms of other terms whose meaning is the same, such as by having different spellings or pronunciations.
- Category:Galician colloquialisms: Galician terms that are likely to be used primarily in casual conversation rather than in more formal written works, speeches, and discourse.
- Category:Galician formal terms: Galician terms whose use is typically restricted to polite, ceremonious, non-casual contexts.
- Category:Galician informal terms: Galician terms whose use is typically restricted to casual, non‐ceremonious conversations.
- Category:Galician historical terms: Galician terms that refer to things or concepts mainly known for their historical value.
- Category:Galician terms with obsolete senses: Galician terms that are no longer in current use, but found in older texts.
- Category:Galician pejoratives: Galician terms with negative connotations.
- Category:Galician slang: Galician nonstandard terms that are typically used to mark membership in a cultural subgroup.
- Category:Galician vulgarities: Galician terms whose tone (rather than the meaning) is offensive to polite company.
This category has the following 11 subcategories, out of 11 total.