Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
» German language » Etymologies
German terms categorized by their etymologies.
- Category:German blends: German words formed by combinations of other words.
- Category:German compound words: German words composed of two or more stems.
- Category:German calques: German terms formed by piece-by-piece translations of terms from other languages.
- Category:German reduplications: German terms that underwent reduplication, so their origin involved a repetition of roots or stems.
- Category:German eponyms: German terms derived from names of real or fictitious people.
- Category:German twice-borrowed terms: German terms that were borrowed from another language that originally borrowed the term from German.
This category has the following 16 subcategories, out of 16 total.