Category:German parts of speech
» German language » Parts of speech
German terms categorized by their part of speech.
- Category:German adjectives: German terms that give attributes to nouns, extending their definitions.
- Category:German adverbs: German terms that modify clauses, sentences and phrases directly.
- Category:German articles: German terms that indicate and specify nouns.
- Category:German conjunctions: German terms that connect words, phrases or clauses together.
- Category:German determiners: German terms that reference nouns, expressing their contexts directly.
- Category:German interjections: German terms that express emotions, sounds, etc. as exclamations.
- Category:German nouns: German terms that indicate people, beings, things, places, phenomena, qualities or ideas.
- Category:German numerals: German terms that quantify nouns.
This category lists only terms of the grammatical "numeral" part of speech, and not all number words may in fact be grammatically numerals. See Category:de:Cardinal numbers and Category:de:Ordinal numbers for more complete lists.
- Category:German particles: German terms that do not belong to any of the inflected grammatical word classes, often lacking their own grammatical functions and forming other parts of speech or expressing the relationship between clauses.
- Category:German postpositions: German adpositions that are placed after their objects.
- Category:German prepositions: German adpositions that are placed before their objects.
- Category:German pronouns: German terms that refer to and substitute nouns.
- Category:German verbs: German terms that indicate actions, occurrences or states.
This category has the following 15 subcategories, out of 15 total.