Category:Greek terms by etymology
Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
» Greek language » Terms by etymology
Greek terms categorized by their etymologies.
- Category:Greek borrowed terms: Greek terms that are loanwords, i.e. words that were directly incorporated from another language.
- Category:Greek calques: Greek terms formed by piece-by-piece translations of terms from other languages.
- Category:Greek compound words: Greek words composed of two or more stems.
- Category:Greek onomatopoeias: Greek words that were coined to sound like what they represent.
- Category:Greek words by prefix: Greek words categorized by their prefixes.
- Category:Greek words by suffix: Greek words categorized by their suffixes.
- Category:Greek terms derived from the Bible: Greek terms originating from the Bible.
- Category:Greek twice-borrowed terms: Greek terms that were borrowed from another language that originally borrowed the term from Greek.
- Category:Greek terms with unknown etymologies: Greek terms whose etymologies have not yet been established.
|Top – Αα Ββ Γγ Δδ Εε Ζζ Ηη Θθ Ιι Κκ Λλ Μμ Νν Ξξ Οο Ππ Ρρ Σσ Ττ Υυ Φφ Χχ Ψψ Ωω|
This category has the following 10 subcategories, out of 10 total.
- ► Greek borrowed terms (1 c, 9 e)
- ► Greek onomatopoeias (0 c, 4 e)
- ► Greek words by prefix (71 c, 0 e)
- ► Greek words by suffix (59 c, 0 e)
- ► Greek terms with unknown etymologies (0 c, 1 e)