Category:Jèrriais terms by etymology
Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
» Jèrriais language » Terms by etymology
Jèrriais terms categorized by their etymologies.
- Category:Jèrriais borrowed terms: Jèrriais terms that are loanwords, i.e. words that were directly incorporated from another language.
- Category:Jèrriais calques: Jèrriais terms formed by piece-by-piece translations of terms from other languages.
- Category:Jèrriais compound words: Jèrriais words composed of two or more stems.
- Category:Jèrriais onomatopoeias: Jèrriais words that were coined to sound like what they represent.
- Category:Jèrriais words by prefix: Jèrriais words categorized by their prefixes.
- Category:Jèrriais words by suffix: Jèrriais words categorized by their suffixes.
This category has the following 7 subcategories, out of 7 total.