Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
» Japanese language » Etymologies
Japanese terms categorized by their etymologies.
- Category:Japanese blends: Japanese words formed by combinations of other words.
- Category:Japanese compound words: Japanese words composed of two or more stems.
- Category:Japanese calques: Japanese terms formed by piece-by-piece translations of terms from other languages.
- Category:Japanese neologisms: Japanese terms that have been only recently acknowledged.
- Category:Japanese retronyms: Japanese terms that serve as new unique names for older objects or concepts whose previous names became ambiguous.
This category has the following 14 subcategories, out of 14 total.
Pages in category "Japanese etymologies"
This category contains only the following page.