Category:Norwegian parts of speech
» Norwegian language » Parts of speech
Norwegian terms categorized by their part of speech.
- Category:Norwegian adjectives: Norwegian terms that give attributes to nouns, extending their definitions.
- Category:Norwegian adverbs: Norwegian terms that modify clauses, sentences and phrases directly.
- Category:Norwegian articles: Norwegian terms that indicate and specify nouns.
- Category:Norwegian conjunctions: Norwegian terms that connect words, phrases or clauses together.
- Category:Norwegian determiners: Norwegian terms that reference nouns, expressing their contexts directly.
- Category:Norwegian interjections: Norwegian terms that express emotions, sounds, etc. as exclamations.
- Category:Norwegian nouns: Norwegian terms that indicate people, beings, things, places, phenomena, qualities or ideas.
- Category:Norwegian numerals: Norwegian terms that quantify nouns.
This category lists only terms of the grammatical "numeral" part of speech, and not all number words may in fact be grammatically numerals. See Category:no:Cardinal numbers and Category:no:Ordinal numbers for more complete lists.
- Category:Norwegian prepositions: Norwegian adpositions that are placed before their objects.
- Category:Norwegian pronouns: Norwegian terms that refer to and substitute nouns.
- Category:Norwegian verbs: Norwegian terms that indicate actions, occurrences or states.
This category has the following 10 subcategories, out of 10 total.