Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
» Occitan language » Lexicons
Occitan terms categorized by their lexicons.
- Category:Occitan alternative forms: Occitan terms that serve as alternative forms of other terms whose meaning is the same, such as by having different spellings or pronunciations.
- Category:Occitan colloquialisms: Occitan terms that are likely to be used primarily in casual conversation rather than in more formal written works, speeches, and discourse.
- Category:Occitan informal terms: Occitan terms whose use is typically restricted to casual, non‐ceremonious conversations.
- Category:Occitan nonstandard terms: Occitan terms that are considered improper, incorrect or commonly misused.
- Category:Occitan historical terms: Occitan terms that refer to things or concepts mainly known for their historical value.
- Category:Occitan vulgarities: Occitan terms whose tone (rather than the meaning) is offensive to polite company.
This category has the following 6 subcategories, out of 6 total.