Category:Pashto parts of speech
Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
» Pashto language » Parts of speech
Pashto terms categorized by their part of speech.
- Category:Pashto adjectives: Pashto words that give attributes to nouns, extending their definitions.
- Category:Pashto adverbs: Pashto words that modify clauses, sentences and phrases directly.
- Category:Pashto conjunctions: Pashto words that connect words, phrases or clauses together.
- Category:Pashto determiners: Pashto words that reference nouns, expressing their contexts directly.
- Category:Pashto interjections: Pashto words that express emotions, sounds, etc. as exclamations.
- Category:Pashto nouns: Pashto words that indicate people, beings, things, places, phenomena, qualities or ideas.
- Category:Pashto numerals: Pashto words that indicate quantities of nouns.
- Category:Pashto particles: Pashto words that do not belong to any of the inflected grammatical word classes, often lacking their own grammatical functions and forming other parts of speech or expressing the relationship between clauses.
- Category:Pashto pronouns: Pashto words that refer to and substitute nouns.
- Category:Pashto verbs: Pashto words that indicate actions, occurrences or states.
This category has the following 10 subcategories, out of 10 total.