Category:Persian parts of speech
Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
» Persian language » Parts of speech
Persian terms categorized by their part of speech.
- Category:Persian adjectives: Persian terms that give attributes to nouns, extending their definitions.
- Category:Persian adverbs: Persian terms that modify clauses, sentences and phrases directly.
- Category:Persian conjunctions: Persian terms that connect words, phrases or clauses together.
- Category:Persian determiners: Persian terms that reference nouns, expressing their contexts directly.
- Category:Persian interjections: Persian terms that express emotions, sounds, etc. as exclamations.
- Category:Persian nouns: Persian terms that indicate people, beings, things, places, phenomena, qualities or ideas.
- Category:Persian numerals: Persian terms that indicate quantities of nouns.
- Category:Persian particles: Persian terms that do not belong to any of the inflected grammatical word classes, often lacking their own grammatical functions and forming other parts of speech or expressing the relationship between clauses.
- Category:Persian prepositions: Persian adpositions that are placed before their objects.
- Category:Persian pronouns: Persian terms that refer to and substitute nouns.
- Category:Persian verbs: Persian terms that indicate actions, occurrences or states.
This category has the following 11 subcategories, out of 11 total.